MODEL PULL CORD SWITCH SS-3
Pull Cord (SS-3) switches are conveyor safety accessories designed to interlock with conveyor shut down systems in the event of maintenance or emergency. The robust die cast aluminum housing with epoxy based powder finish and all stainless steel hardware makes them suitable for most heavy industrial applications.
The Model SS-3 is designed to shutdown a conveyor system in the event of an emergency or maintenance. When force is applied to the cable, the actuator arm rotates and locks in the alarm position. This activates two (2) SPDT micro switches and the manual lock out. The switch can be reset by pressing down on the arm and releasing the manual reset lever. Safety stop switches are mounted on the walkway side or anywhere a person can access the moving parts of a conveyor.
The switches are connected by a safety cable which runs between the switch arms and can either be attached to the outer hole (15 lbs pull force) or the second inner hole (25 lbs pull force). The cables are secured by cable clamps after it is looped through the switch hole. The ends of the cable can either be a switch or a conveyor eye bolt secured with a clamp. To prevent the pull cable from sagging, conveyor standoff (eye bolts) are mounted every 10 feet (3 meters).
The distance between switches is dependent on the variations in temperature of the environment which will cause the cable to expand and contract making sags between the cable stand-offs. Normal spacing based on a temperature of 100° F (60°C) is maximum distance of 150 feet (45 meters) on inclined conveyors and 200 feet (60 meters) on horizontal conveyors. Although indoor environments can be up to 300 feet (90 meters) and extreme environments should be 100 feet (30 meters).
• Rugged die cast aluminum enclosure
• NEMA-4X, IP-66/67
• Yellow epoxy based powder coat paint finish with red actuator arm
• Micro switch rating: 15A @ 115-230 VAC, 30 VDC non-inductive, CSA 10A @ 115-250 VAC
• Outputs: (2) SPDT
• Actuation angle: 20° from normal
• Conduit holes: (2) 3/4” – 14 NPT
• Temperature rating: -40° to 176° F (-40° to 80°C), CSA –22°F to 140°F (-30° to 60°C)
• Designed for single or double end operation
• Cover provides easy access to wiring & internal mechanism
• Safety actuator arm for ease of visual indication
• Manual reset as required by ANCI
• Safety Cable
• Cable Clamps
• Conveyor Stand Off Eyes
• Cable Break Option
• Conventional Belt Conveyors
• Reciprocating Conveyors
• Shuttle Conveyors
• Ship Loading/Unloading Systems
• Stockpile/Reclaim Systems
• Cranes, Shovels and Drag Lines
• Apron Feeders
• Weigh Belt Feeders
• Heavy Duty Switch