Position Switch PS-2
The Model PS-2 Position Switch is utilized to monitor the position of heavy moving ma- chinery such as a gravity take-up or a tripper car. Once the roller actuator arm is moved from its normal position the two (2) micro switches are tripped. The micro switches can be used to send an alarm to the control system or operator telling it or them to either shut off or move the piece of heavy machinery.
The PS-2 Position Switch is commonly found on tripper floors to annunciate the position of the tripper car ensuring that the material is be- ing unloaded in the correct spot. They are al- so utilized as a limit switch to protect gravity take-ups on conventional conveyors from bot- toming out.
The PS-2 Position Switch is essentially a heavy duty limit switch and has a variety of uses in industrial environments. It assures safe operation and automation of the equip- ment in your plant.
- Robust die cast aluminum housing, with NEMA-4X (IP-66/67) degree of protection.
- Integral cover, permits easy access to the wiring terminals and adjustments.
- Easily removed cover without the requirement of removing the actuator arm.
- Anti-corrosion nylon roller arm requires only 4.5 lbs (2kg) of activating force
- Normal roller arm angle adjustment within + 22.5.
- Actuation roller arm can be mounted in any direction within 360 degrees in 22.5° increments.
- Actuation roller arm automatically resets once the force is removed.
Model PS-2, Position Switches Technical Specifications
- Rugged cast aluminum enclosure
- NEMA-4X, IP-66/67
- Yellow epoxy based powder coat paint finish with red roller arm
- Micro switch rating: 15A @ 115-230 VAC, 30 VDC non-inductive
- Outputs: (2) SPDT
- Actuation angle: 20° from normal
- Conduit holes: (2) 3/4″ – 14 NPT
- Temperature rating: -40° to 176° F (-40° to 80°C)
- Bi-Directional action for ease of installation, wiring and component savings
- Cover provides easy access to wiring & internal mechanism
• Indicating Lights Manual Lock Out