60-30G Thermo Ramsey Conveyor Belt Sway Switch (also known as 6030G Run-Off Switch and Mis-Alignment Switch )
Thero Ramsey Conveyor Alignment Switches are housed in a rugged die cast aluminum body and painted yellow.
The roller is built from stainless steel and has a 35mm diameter and length of 250mm. It is designed for use in heavy duty areas to maintain conveyor belt alignment and prevent belts running out of alignment and causing damage to both the line and products.
The steel roller of the switch is placed near to the running edge of the conveyor belt such that deflection of the roller and arm will cause activation “tripping” of the internal contacts of the switch. Each switch contains two sets of contacts, one which indicates a warning signal (for maintenance purposes) and the other a stop signal, disconnecting the outputs and stopping the belt.
- Contacts: 2NC 2NO + Swith for Reset Lever
- Supply: 24V or 110V or 230V
- Indication: With or without LED
- Conduit Entry: M20 or 1/2″NPT fitting
- Operating Torque: 3.0 – 5.0Nm
- Warning Signal: 10 – 18 degrees
- Stop Initiated: 15-35 degrees
- Ingress Protection: IP67
- ATEX Versions Available
Conveyor Belt Alignment switches are mounted on sections of plant conveyors to protect against excessive belt drift due to an unintentional movement. They can be fitted at appropriate points along the conveyor length to ensure that should the belt position drift, the roller arm of the switch will move to a pre-determined position and cause activation of a control circuit. All switches conform to European Standard IEC 60947-5-1 and provide positively operated contacts at the point of tripping. They can be used to satisfy the requirements of EN 620 with regard to conveyor control hazards caused by shifting of the belt position during running. They are available in different roller diameters to provide heavy duty performance and long life.
The steel roller of the switch is placed near to the running edge of the conveyor belt such that deflection of the roller and arm will cause activation “tripping” of the internal contacts of the switch. Adjustment of the tripping angles and necessary activation torque is provided by the switch.
1. Installation of all switch systems must be in accordance with a risk assessment for the individual application. Installation must only be carried out by competent personnel and in accordance with these instructions.
2. M5 mounting bolts must be used to fix the switches. Tightening torque for mounting bolts to ensure reliable fixing is 4 Nm. Tightening torque for the lid screws, conduit entry plugs and cable glands must be 1.5 Nm to ensure IP seal. Only use the correct size gland for the conduit entry and cable outside diameter.
3. The position of the roller must be chosen to ensure that in normal use the belt does not touch the roller, but that should the belt move beyond its normal guides it will make contact with the roller. After selecting the correct mounting position, the switching points of the internal contact blocks can be finely adjusted via internal cams.
Housings: Die-cast painted yellow, or Stainless Steel 316. Roller Options: 35 x 120mm Short Roller 35 x 230mm Long Roller 50 x 170mm Medium Roller MINIATURE BELT ALIGNMENT SWITCHES Housings: Die-cast painted red or S/Steel 316.